South Korean actor accused of sexual assault found dead; suicide suspected
53-year-old South Korean actor accused of sexual assault in a spiralling wave of #MeToo accusations in the country was found dead last Friday.
Jo Min-ki, who had been accused of sexually molesting at least eight victims, was found dead at his home in Seoul, The Yonhap News agency cited police as saying, adding suicide was suspected.
Most of his victims were drama students at Cheongiu University, where he taught, it said, he had been forced out of his professorship over the scandal.
Police said Jo’s wife found his body in an underground parking lot three days before he was due to be questioned about the allegations made against him.